If you are debating on starting a blog or not, go for it! Owning a blog is such a creative outlet, that allows you to share your voice and create a community of readers! With a blog you can grow and build a solid audience, have interactions with them, sell products and more. A lot of bloggers today have been able to quit their jobs and stay at home to work, as blogging has transitioned into a full-time income!
Starting a blog isn’t that hard, and you can get things set up and ready to start publishing your content in no time! I am going to share some simple and easy steps on how to setup a WordPress Self-hosted blog on Siteground!
Why Go With SiteGround
The reason is simple, they are reliable and affordable! Typically it cost around $3.95 a month or the beginners plan, and you can even lock in that rate for up to 3 years! Plus, SiteGround makes it very easy to setup and start a WordPress blog, it takes under 10 minutes!
With these simple steps you can go through the process of creating your own blog, it has never been easier! SiteGround is very user-friendly and they work hard to making it easy to navigate. Just sign up, and follow their 3 steps and you will have your site up and running in 10 minutes!
Steps For Setting Up Hosting
- Choose a Hosting Plan: They offer different options for you, and you can choose any of them that you think will suit you best. Generally starting out, the $3.95-month plan is best!
2. Domain Name: This will be the name of your blog, and the URL that people will type into the search engine to find your site. Think of something creative, but easy to remember and spell, so people will remember you!
3. Enter Info And Pay: Enter your contact info, and the length you want to have your hosting signed up for. You can do month to month or all the up to three years time!
Once you pay your final bill, your account is going to be created and you are a proud owner of your new blog!!!
Setting Up Your WordPress Blog
Next, comes setting up your WordPress Blog, so you can begin creating content to publish! This doesn’t take to long to set up, and you are always welcome to contact SiteGround for support to help you complete this step.
- Setup and Install: SiteGround will prompt you once you finalize and pay, to now begin to set up your site. Follow their easy steps, and click “Start a New Website”, and click proceed.
- Type of Website: This is the type of platform you will want, this is a tutorial for a WordPress blog, so Do Personal/Blog and WordPress.
- WordPress Login: This is where you will then create a login for accessing your blog. Make sure you use a good user name along with a strong password to protect you from getting hacked.
- Template: Next you pick a template or layout for your site. This is where it is fun, and you can really let your personality show by creating a site that fits your exact style!
- Start Blogging: After you select a template, you can now begin blogging and letting your creative juices flow!
Need Help, Click the Support Tab!
If you have any issues or questions hit the Support Tab on the SiteGround Page, and they can help walk you through setting up or answering any questions you may have. Their customer support is amazing, and they are willing to help when needed!
As you can see, super easy and quick to creating your new blog! Have fun creating a logo for your site, setting up Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts to link to your blog. Let this be a great start to sharing content, making money, and having it be an outlet for you!
Before we get to the making money part of things you first need to follow the steps above and make sure that you start posting quality content in your blog niche of choice. After you have a good amount of content and start getting a bit of traffic to your site you can start monetizing using several methods. The best way is diversify the ways that your blog makes money that way you are not putting all of your eggs in one basket. Therefore you may monetize the following ways:
- Adsense: By applying for a Google Adsense account you can start adding ads to your site and receive some income that way.
- Affiliates: You can start using affiliate links to promote products that you already use and support by joining affiliate networks or brands that include an affiliate program.
- Ad Network: Once your blog has gained a good following and receives a good amount of traffic you can proceed to apply to an Ad Network and monetize it by adding Ads from a network.
- Sponsor Posts: You can work with brands to help them promote their products in exchange for payment for a written post that can help them bring brand awareness and sales.
- Your Own Product or Ebook: The best way to make 100% profit is by having your own product to sell on your site or via a written ebook on a topic that is related to your blog and can resonate with your audience.
If you want me to write an article explaining all of these monetization ways even further just ask away in the comment section and I will do so. Also, Let me know if you have any questions regarding the how to start a blog process down below in the comment section and I will be more than happy to help!